Thursday, May 27, 2010

medical hokey pokey.

i got a medical hold on my account. and then the letter came in the mail.... incomplete. apparently my doctor and i missed my pulse. it makes sense why oms had to send it back. how could they send a volunteer overseas with no pulse?! i also had to fill in some info on my allergies and follow-up on a surgery i had a year ago. i got this letter on monday. i got into the doctor's office yesterday morning and had everything faxed over in the afternoon. i woke up this morning to a lovely toolkit update. the hold on my account has been removed. i can only guess how long the medical review will take from here. as least now i know they have all the information they need. i think.

in non-pc related news, i taught my last volunteer esl class for the semester on tuesday. my students were so sweet i almost cried! tonight is the end of the year celebration. we are having a giant potluck. my class is making me papusas since apparently it is a sin that i have never tried them. mmm. i have to decide in the next couple weeks if i am going to teach there again next year. i'm pretty torn. I applied for a few paid esl jobs, so we will see if i am lucky enough to get them with the little experience and education i do have.

fingers crossed,

No comments:

Post a Comment