Sunday, October 10, 2010

phew.

it is amazing to me that it is finally that time. i woke up to find a toolkit update: i'm invited to serve! not only was that exciting enough, but my invitation kit was in the mail the same day. (one of the perks of living so close to dc and the pc headquarters)

i have been invited to serve in kazakhstan! my staging is march 9, 2011. my assignment is secondary teacher trainer.



i have to admit that i was completely surprised by this. i was thinking it would be ukraine, albania, or turkmenistan based on the peace corps wiki timeline. i've been doing my research, and i will be sending in my final decision by wednesday.

i didn't update like i should have, but my placement officer sent me an email last thursday with my final interview questions.she also let me know that she was looking at a program in eastern europe/central asia leaving in march. i answered the questions and emailed her back the next morning. i can't believe how quickly this all came around.

still processing the good news,

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I received my invitation earlier this week as well - for Thailand ... it's so exciting to have the whole application process done and know you're going somewhere!

    Congrats again. And good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I couldn't agree more. Congrats and good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete